Staff | Cincinnati, OH | Full-Time/Regular
Xavier University seeks a Marketing Specialist for the Office of Auxiliary Services. The Marketing Specialist will support the department's mission by developing and executing a marketing and promotion plan for all the areas the office supports. This position is the liaison for the coordination and execution of business-specific marketing needs of Auxiliary Services units and external client partners. This position requires a creative individual with knowledge of generational marketing tactics to drive engagement with and tell the story of our campus auxiliary and retail programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing and sales of voluntary meal plans, retention, and upgrade of existing plans.
- Manage roll-out of existing marketing programs and consistently build new initiatives to increase revenue and customer engagement.
- Develop marketing collateral and actively manage and maintain a strong social media presence.
- Plan and coordinate special events related to department operations that enhance the overall customer experience.
- Manage effective communications with internal and external customers regarding all aspects of retail programs on campus.
- Identify and clarify internal and external customer needs and expectations, taking actions to ensure that departmental and customer goals are met.
- Provide direction and oversight to third-party and contract marketing staff and related marketing initiatives.
- Produce periodic client reports on marketing initiatives executed.
- Persistently seek fresh and innovative ideas based on customer desires and best practices.
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure prompt consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references' names and contact information on Xavier University's website by May 9, 2023. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Candidates are also asked to briefly describe how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in their cover letter.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
Strong software experience is preferred in Adobe Creative Suite, In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and primary social media platforms. Strong knowledge of generational marketing tactics. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including oral and written communication skills, with the ability to provide excellent customer service and work successfully in a cross-divisional team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field. 1-3 years of demonstrated professional marketing, business, and/or graphic design experience. Once initial screening is complete; candidates should be prepared to present a portfolio of successful work.