Job ID: 243013 Location: Kennesaw, Georgia Full/Part Time: Full Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
About Us Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Location Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Job Summary Manages a team that designs and provides reporting solutions to satisfy and support University stakeholders, delivers training on financial systems, and conducts financial data analysis. Oversees electronic purchasing system(s), website maintenance, tracking key performance indictor, and design ad-hoc reports. Responsibilities will include collecting reporting requirements, developing reports and dashboards, testing, assisting with the implementation of new software applications, process improvements, and training to support the objectives of the Institution.
Responsibilities 1. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the university and department's mission
2. Develops and implements reports and dashboards to provide up-to-date information on functional actives
3. Designs, builds, implements, and maintains Oracle SQL scripts and procedures in Oracle backend finance data warehouse SQL development software
4. Interfaces with clients to define business processes, specifications, reporting needs, and functional requirements
5. Devises test plans to ensure that the outcome meets the specified requirements and expectations of business users
6. Supervises and evaluates assigned staff that supports reporting, training, and the financial systems
7. Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalates to appropriate level when required
8. Oversees and reports KPIs weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual
9. Identifies trends and proactively assess opportunities to improve processes and execution
10. Works closely with management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the office are being properly executed in accordance with regulatory-based best practices
11. Delivers quality end-user training programs, reinforcing technology and operations infrastructure to ensure effective and efficient use of the systems to achieve campus goals
12. Assesses a variety of situations and provides clarity and resolution to affected team and stakeholders
13. Performs training needs analysis, develops training programs, initiates, and oversees training systems
14. Delivers skills, procedural and non-procedural training sessions and ensures employees are well trained and training is documented
15. Collaborates with other team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforces positive morale, and upholds university values
16. Oversees financial and operational systems, processes, and infrastructure continuing to evaluate for opportunities of improvement or revision
17. Conducts training by employing necessary training aids, tools, and data in accordance with the university training programs
18. Develops educational materials, job aids, and manuals
19. Provides training and support to meet regulatory and compliance
20. Prioritizes problem resolution based on business need, timelines, and scale of impact
22. Maintains content on the department and division webpage
23. Maintains financial data integrity
24. Assists end-users with receiving rapid responses to electronic ticketing system
25. Proactively search for improvement opportunities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Technical Management, Information Systems, Engineering or related fields or an equivalent combination of relevant education, certification and/or experience.
Required Experience Four (4) years of related experience in a Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or Systems Analysis in an environment with financial systems in addition to two (2) years of supervisory experience, and (1) year of SQL experience.
Strong information technology (IT) and financial skills Working knowledge of fund accounting, budget, and finance
Preferred Experience Extensive experience in data analysis, dashboards, analytics, and decision support systems Experience with enterprise financial systems Experience with creating and delivering end-user training programs Experience with creating and updating educational materials, job aids, and manuals Experience with procurement module(s), reporting/query tools and coding in Tableau, SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Oracle Databases, and/or SQL (or gathering data from other relation database systems)
Proposed Salary Pay Grade: Exempt 13
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines Able to understand programming concepts such as structured and object-oriented programming Able to analyze training needs and requirements Able to address operational concerns and issues, monitors overall customer satisfaction Able to conduct research for special projects, respond timely to inquiries, and present written and oral briefings Able to effectively communicate, interface and represent the organization with senior officials and counterparts from other organizations Able to work autonomously and with managers to ensure business requirements and needs are met Able to communicate in financial and technical terms Able to communicate complex technical concepts to the end-users
KNOWLEDGE Knowledge of relational databases Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft or ERP system principles, concepts, methodology and understanding of how it supports university operations Understanding of database concepts such as schemas and data relationships Familiar with API concepts such as web services
SKILLS Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Polished and professional demeanor Self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts quickly Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Other Information This is a supervisory position. This position has financial responsibilities. No, this position will not be required to drive. This role is considered a position of trust. This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card). This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.