The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2020 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
The Enrollment Bursar Coordinator will report to the Enrollment Bursar Manager. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing the daily activities related to the collection of tuition and fees for all CUNY SPS programs. • Identifying and prioritizing billing and payment inquiries and issues related to students’ accounts. • Answering online, in person and phone inquiries.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The preferred candidate will have: • Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Finance, or Accounting). • Have some experience supporting bursar related activities in a higher education setting. • Experience with CUNYfirst and/or PeopleSoft/Oracle. • Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. • Excellent customer service orientation. • Excellent communication skills. • Commitment to understanding student enrollment processes. • Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. • Evidence of being detail, results, and solution oriented.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for a College student accounts function.
- Performs processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables
- Counsels students in meeting college financial obligations including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of payment; responds to student account inquiries
- Maintains revenue files; prepares reports as required
- Assists in the review of student accounts; identifies and reports delinquent accounts
- May assist in the evaluation and verification of student eligibility for various loans and grants
- Provides support to ensure the smooth flow of business operations and completion of required administrative tasks within the office; may supervise clerical and/or part-time staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $51,153.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 21775 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please attached resume and cover letter.
February 26, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.