Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) seeks a Vice President of Finance(VPF), who will be responsible for managing finance, procurement, and accounting functions. S/he willreport to the Chief Financial Officer and have three direct reports including the director of procurement, the director of accounts payables, and the director of accounting, and have oversight of a team of 21. The successful candidate will further refine internal controls in accordance with generally accepted principles and practices. S/he with work closely with chapters and field leadership to assist in making informed economic decisions on behalf of MDA.
TheVPF will be expected to contribute broadly to all aspects of the fulfillment of MDA’s mission and growth. The organization seeks a seasoned accounting professional with both the capacity and the demonstrated track record to respond effectively to the following key opportunities and responsibilities:
• Lead, develop, and motivate procurement team to execute and elevate finance policies and programs;
• Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial data and reporting;
• Develop systems to account for financial transactions by establishing and maintaining a chart of accounts;
• Define bookkeeping policies and procedures;
• Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries;
• Oversee accounts payable process including check runs;
• Oversee preparation of invoices, review accounts receivable to identify collection issues;
• Oversee recording of cash receipts and make bank deposits;
• Conduct monthly reconciliations of bank, credit card account and balance sheets;
• Prepare and deliver monthly financial statements and other schedules as requested by the Board of Directors and organizational leadership;
• Prepare Form 990 and other related financial reports to assure regulatory compliance;
• Responsible for all retirement plan audits and required reporting;
• Responsible for audit process, implementinggenerally accepted principles and practices for financial statements and annual audited financial statements.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
About Muscular Dystrophy Association
Freeman Philanthropic Services to assist on this recruitment; please visit www.glfreeman.com to review the complete position profile and requirements.