The Senior Department Business Officer will be deployed by the Principal Business Officer in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer for Health Sciences to provide support to one or several departments that need assistance due to leadership vacancy or based on operational need.
As such, the Senior Department Business Officer will serve as a partner to the Chair(s) and Principal Business Officer in the development of operational improvement standards and performance enhancement initiatives. The individual will rely on key functional area managers for support.
The Senior Department Business Officer will also assist the Principal Business Officer and the Chief Financial Officer for Health Sciences on strategic initiatives such as affiliation and business contracting agreements that impact multiple departments. The candidate is accountable to the Principal Business Officer and to the Chief Financial Officer for Health Sciences.
A successful incumbent in this versatile position will be well positioned to take over a Business Officer role in a large and complex department or advance into alternate leadership roles within Health Sciences as opportunities arise.
This position is eligible for full benefits first day of hire:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Vacation/Holidays (18 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year)
• Work/Life Balance
• UC Retirement Plan
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/ and UCSD Work/Life visit http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report’s annual "America’s Best Hospitals" report has repeatedly ranked UC San Diego Health as the #1 health system in San Diego. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• Graduate-level Degree in Business or Hospital Administration, or related field and/or 10 years of progressively higher level experience, or combination.
• At least five years of demonstrated supervisory responsibility required.
• Experience managing complex organizational finance and operations in an academic healthcare or research setting.
• Demonstrated management skills including developing objectives and policies, forecasting, budgeting, financial management, organizational management, supervising, and audit and compliance.
• Proven ability to organize and manage a very complex healthcare unit.
• Experience in business/financial management and new program development.
• Job offer is contingent on a clear background check.
• Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.