Director of Risk Management
Description of Responsibilities: This is a senior insurance and risk management position at Virginia Commonwealth University, with authority to make decisions on risk management issues affecting the university. This position is responsible for identifying, measuring and managing insurable risks, developing reports and plans, and analyzing risk/insurance problems and defining and/or overseeing the implementation of the risk solutions that help optimize operations. This position is directly responsible for the insurance program, occupational safety, and the fire safety program. This position has three direct reports and a total departmental staff of 14 FTE's. Additional duties include coordination with the VCU Health Life Safety Department, various VCU foundations and other auxiliary entities.
Supervisor: The position reports to the AVP of Safety and Risk Management, within the Administrative Division of the university.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $130,000
- Extensive years of experience, with the majority centering around risk management initiatives
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience that equates to an advanced degree
- Professional certification, such as ARM is not required, but a plus
- Effective communication skills and a collaborative, flexible style, capable of partnering with others
- Proven capability to engage with, counsel and influence top management decisions
- Strong computer skills in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent analytical skills
- A hands-on philosophy, with integrity and a desire to serve in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
Employee must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Applicants must use our eJobs portal (www.vcujobs.com)
a complete application package that consists of a cover letter and CV.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.