Hocking College seeks a highly inspiring, transformational, and capable person to serve as its new Vice President, Business Services and CFO. This person will lead and be responsible for the following business and financial operations and services in support of the college mission including: administration, facilities, operations and maintenance, financial, accounting, fiscal controls, audit operations, institutional effectiveness, risk management, procurement, contracting, asset management and continuous improvement systems.
Under the direct supervision of the President performs the following duties:
Leads and manages the college’s business and fiscal affairs including: administration, facilities, operations and maintenance, financial, accounting, fiscal controls, audit operations, institutional effectiveness, risk management, procurement, contracting, asset management and continuous improvement systems. Serves as the Chief Financial Officer for the college and fiscal advisor to the President. If approved by the Board(s), serves as College and Foundation Treasurer. Under direction of the President, serves as the fiscal liaison to the Board’s audit committee. Serves as the principle accountability and assessment manager under the President’s supervision. Supports the resource development activities and initiatives including grant acquisition, scholarship and capital campaigns, and foundation fiscal management.
Contributes to the college leadership function and is a member of the Executive Leadership Cabinet (ELC). Collaborates with members of the ELC to implement the college priorities within the Strategic Action Plan and other Operational Plans to enhance the success of the college. Develops the business systems improvement processes, economic impact, and fiscal focus of the college. Ensures that all federal, state, and Board regulations, laws, and policies are complied with including GASB, FASB, and GAAP requirements and procedures to sustain and improve fiscal controls that provide well-being of taxpayer and donor resources. Ensures that annual external audits are conducted in a timely and compliant manner.
Provide leadership for the institutional effectiveness, data and research analysis, and process improvement functions of the college. Develops and implements procedures to create budget resiliency in accordance with Board policies. Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the Chief Business Operations leader.
- Acts as the Chief Financial Officer.
- Acts as the Chief Facilities, Operations, and Maintenance Resource Officer.
- Acts as the Principle Business Enterprise Manager.
- Acts as the College and Foundation Treasurer.
- Trains and supervises staff, faculty, and administrators in budget development and management.
- Interprets and uses federal, state, and local revenue laws, policies, regulations, allocation models, grants, and donor gifts to maximize college support to its mission, vision, and success.
- Acts as the principle fiscal advisor to the President and Board.
- Acts as the principle business systems innovator to ensure the most effectives business and fiscal solutions are sustained for student success and institutional resiliency.
- Ensures procurement and contracting best practices and all state regulations and laws are adhered to by college employees.
- Ensures fiduciary responsibilities of all college employees are understood and compliance is met as required by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Ensures honest representations are made of all college financial documents, status, and accounts to meet or exceed fiscal standards.
- Ensures all accreditation standards are met or exceeded regarding fiscal requirements, controls, and resource management.
- Ensures an accurate accounting is made and is transparent of all college resources including funds, cash, assets, and liabilities.
- Ensures diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create and sustain a highly enriched learning environment.
- Ensures college resources and practices are leveraged to maximize public good.