1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field, or an Associate’s Degree with significant applied experience within public or higher education industry.
2. Minimum of five years’ of progressively responsible purchasing experience of goods and services, including contract and bid negotiation experience. Some prior experience in a lead or supervisory role.
3. Solid understanding of government or higher education purchasing and contracts with applicable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
4. Must possess applied knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of public purchasing and bid procedures, along with knowledge of contract language and ability to interpret the intent.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and experience using an ERP system, including running queries.
6. Requires intermediate Excel and Word skills, and internet research skills.
7. Analytical skills as well as the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and delegate functions to staff.
8. Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills with a demonstrated ability to influence.
9. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented.
10. Demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgement and discretion.