Summary of the Position
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President for Finance, the Director of Financial Systems is responsible for collaborating with the IT department and end users to ensure the development, configuration, ongoing maintenance, user support and continuous improvement of the Workday ERP financial and Banner Student Billing systems and all related components, interfaces, subsystems, business processes and reporting. The Director provides daily support to the Administrative and Finance Division, including budget, planning, purchasing and A/P, facilities, billing and A/R, payroll, accounting and financial reporting to enable efficient and effective business processes and support management information needs.
1. Supports the Administration and Finance Division goals by maintaining an ongoing knowledge of current accounting practices and reporting requirements and providing input as to how the division can use financial systems and other technologies to efficiently meet those requirements.
2. The Director is responsible for supporting the use of the Workday Finance and Payroll modules. This support includes maintaining the application by managing the release updates delivered by Workday. It also includes providing support to our Workday business partners.
3. Supports the development of more efficient processes by providing analysis of current business processes and recommending technical solutions to best support those processes.
4. Provides expertise and helps manage the development, integration, and implementation of financial systems. Responsible for the support of the application including monitoring integrations and providing alerts to application issues.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
- Education: A bachelor's degree in accounting, business, management information systems or related field is required.
- Experience: Requires a total of 8 – 10 years of financial systems experience; at least 5 years of experience managing systems support of complex, distributed financial systems. Ability to manage cross-functional projects, analyze business processes, and expert use of query and reporting tools, database systems, and spreadsheet applications.
- Skills: Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and reporting requirements is required. The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, to reason analytically, and to work with people at all administrative levels and possessing differing levels of financial and technical knowledge is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a focus on continuous improvement, and a passion for quality service are required.
Significant course work in accounting or computer science is preferred.
Supervisory experience, work experience in a higher education finance unit, and working knowledge of the latest cloud-based ERP systems is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter