Desert Research Institute (DRI), Financial Services Office, in Reno, NV, is seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist.
This position is primarily responsible for post award accounting administration of approximately 150 grants and contracts at DRI under the direction of the Lead Grant and Contract Accountant. This involves reviewing the award agreements to obtain an understanding of the terms, conditions and regulations that DRI will need to adhere to, establishing new accounts, updating database records, creating and maintaining grant and contract files, preparing invoices, monitoring accounts receivable, running queries and reports on the financial system, working with the division business managers to resolve issues, communicating with sponsors, performing procedures that ensure compliance with contract regulations and reporting requirements and closing out accounts and contracts.
This position manages the Business Assets for DRI which includes preparing and filing numerous federal reports; tracking and analyzing the costs of capitalized construction, equipment fabrications and sensitive equipment; assuring compliance with DRI/NSHE capitalization and sensitive equipment policies. Managing the annual physical inventory for both capital and sensitive equipment, including the recording and distribution of tags to the divisions and working with BCN to ensure an updated accurate master inventory report. The positon is also responsible for preparing the Business Assets workpapers for the year-end audit which is a major and significant section of the audit.
• High school diploma or equivalent and six years of full-time progressively related experience, OR Associates degree and four years of full-time progressively related experience
• Experience with grants or fund accounting, contracts and invoicing
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles
• Experience with Financial Accounting systems
• Intermediate level of computer skills including experience with MS Office Word and Excel
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, departments, other campus personnel, and the general public
• Ability to prioritize assignments and commitment to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and carry out assignments with minimal supervision
• Strong degree of accuracy, reliability, sound judgment, attention to detail and ability to organize multiple sets of data and files
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
SALARY / BENEFITS
This is a DRI Technologist position Grade 33 with a minimum starting pay range of $42,459; depending on experience. This position is eligible for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at https://jobs.dri.edu/postings/224. To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by April 11, 2017. For questions regarding this position, please call Human Resources at 702-862-5548.
DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.