Assistant Vice President, Campus Services
The University of Cincinnati seeks an innovative, experienced business leader to contribute to the financial and operational success of the Campus Services' auxiliary. Reporting to the Senior Associate Vice President for Campus Services, the AVP will develop and maintain strong working relationships and collaborative partnerships with Campus Services' unit leaders, the university's central finance team, the student community, and external service providers.
- Management, development, and leadership of the Business Affairs, Information Technology, and Retail Services Offices.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting for all Campus Services' units including housing, parking, food service, bookstores, recreation center and conference/event services.
- Collaborate with units to develop budgets and provide projections to university leadership.
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate strong internal controls.
- Actively participate in the development and planning for the strategic and effective use of funds for capital projects.
- Oversight of contractual relationships that include snack vending, bookstore operations, and other leased space tenants.
- Oversee IT hardware and software specifications, updates, and sourcing to ensure operational effectiveness in support of Campus Services' units including food services (Micro POS), housing (StarRez), parking (T2), conference/event services (USI, Conference Management), recreation center (CSI Rec Center Management), marketing (Four Winds Digital Signage) the university debit card program (Blackboard Transact), workstations, and application software.
- Teams with the Senior Associate Vice President to ensure the mission and strategic goals of the Campus Services' auxiliaries are met.
- Responsible for analyzing information and making decisions to resolve complex challenges where there may be a significant difference of opinion.
- Identifies opportunities for revenue generation and cost savings while providing high levels of customer service and fosters business relationships with local organizations and businesses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or with seven (7) years' experience.
- An advanced degree in business management, or related filed.
- Higher education experience
- Fund accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and modify financial models, information support systems, and processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting principles, methods, techniques, and standards.
- Ability to quickly understand and assess business operational software and corresponding interfaces with the university's accounting system.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparison, impacts, and/or projections.
- Demonstrated skills in managing a multi-faceted business operation, including planning, organizing, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and negotiating contractual relationships with vendors and other entities as required
To apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2oqwaq3
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.