Working Title Academic Affairs Senior Budget Officer
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Academic Affairs Senior Budget Officer
The primary purpose of this position is to support the budgetary and business management functions within the Division of Academic Affairs under the direction of the Vice Provost of Academic Administration and in support of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. This position is the senior administrative and budget liaison for Academic Affairs.
This position will provide strategic direction and innovative approaches to the Provost; and serve as the focal point for resolution of a wide variety of complex strategic, administrative, financial, and operational issues facing Academic Affairs. This position will serve as the advisor to the Provost in the areas of strategic financial planning and resource management.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating and controlling all administrative services for Academic Affairs exercising independent judgment and delegated decision-making authority. While the college and functional unit financial officers will report directly to their unit lead (dean or functional unit administrator), the Academic Affairs Senior Budget Officer will provide budgetary oversight, support, guidance, and philosophy to college and functional unit financial officers.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
- Required Degree: Master's
- At least two years' experience performing responsibilities similar to the key responsibilities of this position; for example:
o Serving as a Budget Analyst, Budget Manager, or Fiscal Specialist
o Providing budgetary and strategic planning support to the head of a large, complex organization (more than 200 employees)
- Experience providing financial and budgeting analysis and reporting in support of the executive level of an institution or organization.
- In-depth knowledge or and experience with, budgeting systems and processes in an academic operation.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and time while under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on proficiency with Excel.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following areas:
-Accounting and financial/budget management.
-Managing and tracking multi-fund budgets.
-Conducting reviews and audits, analyzing programs, creating reports, and identifying appropriate corrective recommendations.
-Administering contracts or grants, providing appropriate guidance and oversight.
-Representing management objectives and goals within an organization, including to individuals who do not directly report to the position.
- Candidates must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency or diversity.
- Knowledge of Washington State's appropriation, budgetary, and accounting systems.
- More than two years' of experience performing responsibilities similar to the responsibilities of this position in support of a large, complex organization.
- Experience with Banner financial system module.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated effective working relationships with faculty, staff and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.