Director of Budget St. Mary's University (www.stmarytx.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Director of Budget. Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Director administers all budgeting functions for the University, including planning, analysis and financial modeling.
THE DIRECTOR OF BUDGET:
* Assists in developing annual schedules for budget preparation
* Coordinates submissions into a united budget and financial forecast
* Monitors actual performance against the budget
* Spearheads and maintains data resulting from base budget analyses
* Prepares budget tools and reports for use by internal and external constituencies
* Works closely with the VPFA to oversee campus budgeting, including permanent and temporary allocations, and reporting of operating funds.
* Monitors allocations of funding and overall expenditures in accordance with established budget.
* Works with the VPFA to accurately, timely, and using stated fiscal assumptions, develop the University's annual operating budget, subject to the decisions and approval of the President's Executive Council and the Board of Trustees.
* Updates and maintains the 5-year budget and financial projection model.
* Conducts complex financial analyses and develops recommendations on a variety of budget and financial issues.
* Oversees the coordination and development of fiscal projections in support of the annual budgeting process.
* Builds and maintains a library of reports for the campus in order to share knowledge broadly across campus.
* Provides oversight on all operational transactional functions.
* Maintains the permanent budget systems.
* Works with information technology as necessary to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all files and tables.
* Coordinates with the Director of Accounting Operations regarding payroll budget projections, monitoring, and process.
* Follows up with departments to ensure receipt of submissions on a timely basis and to consolidate information as needed by the VPFA and the President's Executive Council.
* Ensures the accounting/budget financial systems are updated timely, accurately, and as authorized, with regard to budget data.
* Provides guidance to departments on budget policies and procedures.
* Advises on budget, operational and procedural matters.
* Works effectively with campus leaders and management as needed.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
* Minimum of five years of fiscal, budget development and budgetary experience working in a college or university setting.
* An understanding of and strong commitment to the mission and values of the University.
* Public accounting experience preferred.
* Knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of fund accounting.
* Experience with ERP systems containing automated budgetary and accounting systems.
* Ability to analyze information and produce summaries and report
* Demonstrated analytical skills in problem identification and resolution.
* Proven ability to evaluate policies, establish budgets, and develop administrative procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and apply new policies and procedures.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and support multiple functions with fluctuating and competing priorities.
* Ability to maintain complete discretion, confidentiality, sensitivity, and professional judgment.
* Proven ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, including pulling together various departments or units, some of which are located remotely.
* General knowledge of academic principles and practices.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Flexibility and adaptability to change.
* Demonstrated administrative experience and knowledge of standard office practices.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including designing and delivering oral presentations, use of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and standard business formats.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Windows based computer programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and complete assignments independently as well as work in a team environment.
* Analytic and logic skills to act independently and follow through on assignments.
* Independent problem solving skills.
St. Mary's, founded in 1852 by the Society of Mary, is a comprehensive Catholic and Marianist university with a strong tradition of integrating liberal arts with professional studies. St. Mary's serves a diverse student population enrolled in graduate and undergraduate programs within its four schools: Humanities and Social Sciences; Science, Engineering and Technology; Law; and the Greehey School of Business.
The University offers degrees in more than 40 academic programs, including pre-professional programs in medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, allied health, and law. St. Mary's, a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution and the oldest Catholic university in the Southwest, is a steadfast advocate of the Marianist mission of academic excellence and servant leadership.
The University, with a 12:1 student to faculty ratio, employs almost 200 full-time faculty members and 94 percent of full-time faculty have terminal degrees. More than 70 percent of St. Mary's students volunteer for community service. Money Magazine ranked St. Mary's as the best university in San Antonio, fourth in Texas and 52nd nationally in its 2016 Best Value Colleges list based on quality of education, affordability and graduates' job success.
St. Mary's University is located in the vibrant city of San Antonio, Texas. This warm area of the southwest allows for outdoor recreational activities throughout the year, and is a popular tourist destination. As the seventh largest city in the U.S., San Antonio has excellent sports, museums, parks, restaurants, and shopping opportunities.
St. Mary's University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to StMaryTX@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to February 23, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.