Assistant Vice President for Enterprise Risk Management and Insurance Program
Grand Valley State University
January 11, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Position Title: Assistant Vice President for Enterprise Risk Management and Insurance Program
Required Qualifications and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, risk management, or other relevant field, and five years of progressively more responsible relevant experience in enterprise risk management or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
Knowledge of the principles, practices, & theories of enterprise risk management, insurance, claims management
Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, risk management, or other relevant field, and five years of progressively more responsible relevant experience in enterprise risk management or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM): To assist in identifying, evaluating, mitigating, and monitoring the University’s risks, including operational, financial and strategic risks. Develops ERM tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks and to manage risks within the ERM framework.
Insurance Program: To develop, implement and monitor University’s insurance policies and procedures for operation of risk management programs including administration of the University's commercially-insured, collaboratively-insured and self-insured programs necessary to protect the University's assets and faculty, administrators, staff, students and volunteers from loss
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and maintains ERM tools, practices, policies and overall framework, including:
Performs the activities associated with the design, development, application, execution, and reporting of the ERM process for the organization
Performs risk assessments and analyzes risk scoring, scenario analyses, risk indicators/metrics, and dashboards, providing input on risk scoring and ERM methodology
Researches, integrates, and recommends changes to reports, policies, charters, and other documentation supporting the ERM framework
Clearly defines roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities of all stakeholders, allowing for risk management processes to facilitate active, informed decisions on risk-taking and management
2. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor the organization’s risks, including:
Builds relationships across the University for the purposes of conducting interviews, performing risk assessments, scenario analyses, and identifying and tracking risk responses, risk indicators/metrics, and dashboards in achievement of strategic and operational objectives
Reviews results of regulatory or internal audits and inspections, makes needed file/process adjustments, and applies lessons learned to mitigate enterprise risk
Supports the risk management function of the University by participating in knowledge sharing and risk discussions. Consults with risk owners to ensure that risk events are identified, reported, and managed within standards and best practices
Ensures risk activities in every business unit are targeted, effective and repeatable
Works with the University’s Financial Information and Security Team (FIST) in its oversight of financial controls and cyber risk
3. Develops, implements and monitors University-wide policies and procedures for operation of risk management programs including administration of the University's commercially-insured, collaboratively-insured and self-insured programs
4. Will remain dynamically exposed to leading thinking about Enterprise Risk Management and incorporate it into the framework and practices of the University
5. Coordinates claims administration program for processing both self-insured and commercial insurance claims including employment practices, malpractice, auto, general liability and property claims
6. Determines the best mechanism for financing risk. Periodically review programs to determine appropriate retentions and deductibles
7. Develops and coordinates training seminars for the campus community on the University’s enterprise risk management program and insurance coverages
8. Evaluates and supervises support staff
9. Performs duties as requested by the Vice President and General Counsel
Salary: Commensurate with experience, up to $110,000
Department/Division: Division of Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management
How To Apply: http://jobs.gvsu.edu
Application Deadline Date: Open until filled. Initial application review will begin January 24, 2018.
Internal Number: 12018
About Grand Valley State University
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.