Provide high level business administration function to support the college strategic plan and Dean’s key performance metrics.
Work closely with the college administrators and staff to assist the Dean with financial planning, resource allocation, and business operations.
Work with the Assistant Vice President for Academic Resource Planning (ARP) and the Dean to develop advanced business and financial models in support of college goals and growth. Provide leadership to the college and department staff related to the college business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with complex data sets and analytics tools in support of the college strategic plan and dean’s key performance metrics
2. Work closely with the college administrators and staff to assist the Dean with financial planning, resource allocation, and business operations.
3. Responsible for developing advanced business and financial models in support of college goals and growth.
4. Represent the college in the business functional meetings at UTA committees; Serve as a liaison in between the college and the AVP- Academic Resource Planning office at UTA
5. Assist the Dean to strengthen the college’s business process.
6. Communicate and provide guidance to the units’ business and administrative staff to ensure consistent and effective business practices within the college
BS/BBA in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration is required; and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in higher education or the equivalent experience.
Knowledge and experience in business operations in the academic environment.
Knowledge and experience in forecasting and businesses modeling in the academic environment.
Master Degree in business related field preferred.
The University of Texas at Arlington is located in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. U.T. Arlington has emerged as a comprehensive teaching, research and public service university. UTA offers 90 baccalaureate, 74 masters and 34 doctoral degrees within nine academic units and a graduate school. A modern 390-acre campus a few blocks from d...owntown Arlington offers easy access to museums, concerts, ballet, theater, family recreation, professional sports and other interests.
With an enrollment of over 25,000 students and over 150,000 alumni, U.T. Arlington is one of the 15 institutions in The University of Texas System. The student body has become increasingly diversified with students representing 47 states and 89 countries.
The University's academic units include the School of Architecture, College of Business Administration, College of Engineering, College of Liberal Arts, School of Nursing, College of Science, School of Social Work, School of Urban and Public Affairs, and College of Education. Additionally, the Graduate School oversees the administration of academic programs beyond the baccalaureate level.
In response to societal needs, U.T. Arlington has evolved into a university of renown within the state and of emerging position nationally and internationally. The University's history of achievement can be attributed to a faculty of increasing competence and accomplishments; a student body of higher qualifications and greater diversity; a record of growing success by graduates in their respective disciplines; and the maturation of the Dallas/Fort Worth area as a nationally and internationally significant metropolis.