Heritage University invites nominations and applications for the position of CFO/Vice President of Finance. Heritage University is an accredited, private institution offering a wide array of academic programs and degrees. Unique in the depth of its commitment to education as a source of empowerment and social mobility, it provides opportunity to a highly diverse, low-income student body to build successful lives and careers. The University is located on the Yakama Nation Reservation in the natural beauty of the Yakima Valley, Washington’s primary agricultural region, which is also home to thousands of Latino-American families.
The CFO/Vice President of Finance is the principal officer responsible for finance administration. This individual is proactive in development and implementation of policies, strategies, budgets, process and procedures, and in the analysis and improvement of the financial status and operations of the University. He or she provides strategic and day-to-day management of financial functions.
Heritage University is particularly looking for a leader who not only provides direction in the areas of finance but can also bring vision and creativity to overall operation of the University. Heritage has new facilities, many new faculty and staff, and the strongest group of students in its history. It has new programs in Health Science, Education, and other fields as well as new partnerships with several other universities and colleges. The CFO/VP is a key member of the President’s leadership team.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications, education and experience. This is a full time administrative position with full benefit package.
Application information and deadline: Applications should include a cover letter, vita/resume and contact information for 3-5 current professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Full consideration will be given to applications submitted by October 13, 2017. Nominations should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates may submit application material to: Humanresources@heritage.edu or Heritage University Human Resources Office 3240 Fort Road Toppenish, WA 98948
The successful candidate for this position will be offered the position contingent on a satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment screening.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Represents Heritage University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services; learns and uses operating practices of the department and Heritage University.
2. Serves as the principal advisor to the University President and the Board of Directors on matters related to finance.
3.Serves as a member of the Executive Team. Regularly assists the President with administrative matters of his office as assigned.
4. Provides direct staff support to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. Presents financial posture of the University to the Board of Directors each quarter.
5. Develops or assists in the development of strategic and operating plans. Develops policy and procedures on all matters relating to functional areas of responsibility. Presents proposals for new policies, or for substantial changes of existing policies, to the President and the Board of Directors for discussion and approval.
6. Recognizes significant problems and opportunities in financial operations and functions. Develops solutions, working with internal and external resources as warranted.
7. Plans and oversees the work of subordinate functions so that finance responsibilities are met.
8. Delegates management of daily financial and administrative matters to the maximum prudent extent. Controls work of subordinate positions for effective and timely completion. Brings unusual problems and recommended solutions to the attention of the President on a timely basis.
9. Manages the Finance division to consistently deliver quality service.
10. Oversees the application of objectives, standards and procedures of the University to daily financial matters. Develops and maintains the University’s annual fiscal budget.
11. Applies management and financial theories and principles to financial decisions. Establishes systems to maintain compliance with the University's administrative policies. Interprets and communicates policy.
12. Reviews and approves all contracts and agreements when necessary and coordinates review by legal counsel as warranted.
13. Takes responsibility for the University’s debt planning and management.
14. Represents the University externally on general and specific financial matters through effective written and verbal communication.
15. Strives to communicate and promote the work of the University. Effectively develops and utilizes relationships with, for example, accountants, bankers, and business leaders.
16. Serves as liaison with senior members of the University academic and administrative staff on financial matters.
17. Upholds the Heritage University Mission Statement.
18. Handles confidential information with tact and discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: University and department policies and procedures; principles and practices of organization and administration; principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation; legal aspects of higher education, contract and business law.
Skills in: Short- and long-range financial planning; problem analysis and resolution; report preparation and presentation; oral and written communication; change management, operational finance, risk management, budgeting and forecasting.
Ability to: Direct, evaluate, train, and supervise the work of assigned personnel; develop and maintain effective working relationships; maintain accurate and orderly records; use independent judgment and initiative; organize and direct activities; analyze and evaluate information; develop a student-centered culture.
Qualifications: Preferably a Master's of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent Master's Degree; Four to ten years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, education and experience. This is a full time administrative position with full benefit package.
WELCOME TO HERITAGE UNIVERSITY
Heritage University is an accredited, private institution offering a wide array of academic programs and degrees. It is grounded in the belief that a college education should be accessible to anyone with the talent and drive to pursue a degree; regardless of economics, culture or geographic locations.
Students enjoy a world-class, multi-cultural education and pe...rsonalized attention. Classes are small, averaging only 11 students in each class. Professors are skilled practitioners with ties deep in their respective fields.
Heritage University makes it possible to earn a college degree while continuing to live and work. Many undergraduate courses are offered during the evenings and graduate courses are offered on the weekends. In addition to the main campus located in Toppenish, Washington, three regional sites in Tri-Cities, Moses Lake and Wenatchee bring classes closer to students.
Heritage University empowers a multi-cultural and inclusive student body to overcome the social, cultural, economic, and geographic barriers that limit access to higher education. Rooted in the homeland of the Yakama Nation, the University embraces transformational student-centered education that cultivates leadership and a commitment to the promotion of a more just society.
Access and Equity: Heritage University strives to identify, recruit, enroll and retain students from a wide range of different types of backgrounds.
Academic Excellence: Academic excellence includes all aspects of a high quality liberal arts and career-preparatory educational experience for all students, from the individual course level through completion of their goals. It includes student satisfaction with courses and student services, employer satisfaction with Heritage students, the percentage of courses taught by full-time faculty, and student outcomes (graduation rates, placement rates, and course success).
Community Engagement: Community engagement includes partnerships with various organizations across the regions that Heritage University serves. It embraces an outreach mentality leading to immersion in local communities to understand their educational needs and adapt to meet them, and to lead students and graduates to give back to their communities.
Institutional Vitality: Vitality relates to the health of the institution itself, such as its financial sustainability.